Monday, February 15, 2016

My Challenger Laura K Lost 80 Pounds and Won $500!


Meet my challenger Laura! She lost a whopping 80 lbs and won $500!

Tell us about your life before you started the program. How did you feel about yourself and your body?*
My life and eating lifestyle were horrible. When I was living on my own in college, it was very rare I would make my meals and eat at home. I was constantly eating fast food, and would eat more than I could handle. I can't even imagine how many calories I was consuming per meal! I felt horrible about myself, my confidence was low, and I hated looking at myself in the mirror. I always knew I had to make a change, but I always gave the excuse, "I'll start tomorrow or Monday." That tomorrow or Monday never happened.

What inspired you to change your life and begin your transformation journey?*
Last year, after having a trip to the ER because I was sick and dehydrated and complaining of stomach pain, I found out I had a fatty liver, which mostly was due to poor nutrition and lack of exercise. I was so embarrassed that I did not tell anyone. I started to eat better and lost some weight, but once I moved to Wisconsin for a job a few months later, I was lonely, and went back to my poor eating and that's when I got my heaviest at 346. But when I got engaged in November 2012, I realized that I was going to become a wife and a future mom, let alone wear a beautiful dress. I knew that this was the time to become healthy as I had the extra motivation. I wanted to be healthy for my husband, and future kids that may come. My fiance wanted to lose weight too, so we made a pact that we were going to get fit and healthy for our wedding.

What is the greatest challenge you faced before beginning the program? How did the program and Beachbody® help you overcome that challenge?*
I dislocated my right knee in the Winter of 2010, before I started Turbo Fire. I originally purchased Turbo Fire in 2011, but was not even able to make it through the WARM UP of Fire 55EZ! I would get really nervous about my knee, or be so out of breath before I started. I would just give up easily and quit. But after completing my very first Beachbody program of Turbo Jam, I was ready to re-attempt TurboFire, especially Fire 55EZ, and immediately LOVED the program. I instantly was hooked, and Fire 55EZ is now one of my favorite workouts! Before Shakeology, I would never eat breakfast. Now I drink Shakeology each morning for breakfast on my way to work, and now it is helping me get the proper nuitrition I've always needed! If I go a few days without Shakeology, I get cravings for it!

Why did you choose this particular program?*
I wanted a program to basically kick my butt, as well keep in the "Turbo" regime because I loved Turbo Jam. Also I needed to have a program to challenge me more, physically and mentally. Also, a program that has a good amount of cardio and is able to tone and sculpt. Now I am telling myself, "I LOVE this program!" It's so fun, I love the music, and Chalene Johnson always encourages you when you want to stop.

How has your life changed since completing this program?*
I have so much more energy and confidence! My fiancΓ© and I rarely eat out. We plan out our meals each week and go shopping and prep our meals together. People from all over compliment me on how great I look, and I get a lot of comments on how big of an inspiration I am to them, even people who are smaller than me! No fad diets or surgery here. Losing weight the hard way, but it's so worth it.


Take my next health and fitness challenge!
email me fitstephanielane @gmail.com 

or message me on facebook to get started

or make me your FREE coach HERE



No comments:

Post a Comment